Tag Archives: life changing magic of tidying up
Although she is not a Psychologist or recovered person (those I often look to for wisdom on recovery or motherhood) I absolutely love the work of Gretchen Rubin. In her Happiness Project book series, she researches and then implements the wisdom she discovers. Though the nature of the topic borders on self-help, I never feel “preached to” (ex: You should take the following steps to get to where you want to be) while reading her work. She is permission-giving. Her main truth is “Be Gretchen”- be YOURSELF.
There is no better recovery guideline than that.
Here are some of her other Happiness Truths:
- To be happier, you have to think about feeling good, feeling bad, and feeling right, in an atmosphere of growth.
- One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy;
- One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself.
- The only person I can change is myself.
- Happy people make people happy, but
I can’t make someone be happy, and
No one else can make me happy.
I was so inspired by her yearly themes that I have implemented my own for this year. January was, of course, Visioning.
February is Clarity. Stay tuned for more on this month’s theme as I read about the life changing magic of tidying up.
What are your happiness themes? What makes you happy?